Our Lady of the Assumption School
Parents have online access to grades each week. Each classroom is outfitted with a SmartBoard, a projector and a soundfield audio system. There are more than 15,000 catalogued items in the school's media center. These are just a few of the advantages at Our Lady of the Assumption School. Under the direction of the Archdiocese of Atlanta and with Ms. Anita Nagel at the helm, the school of more than 400 students prides itself on a nurturing environment and strong parental involvement.
- Hours: Mon - Tue, Thu - Fri, 7:50am - 3:15pm (2:45pm pre-K dismissal); Wed, 7:50am - 2:15pm (1:45pm pre-K dismissal).
- Founding Date: 1952
- Number of students: 470
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Pre-K, 16:2; kindergarten, 26:2; grades 1–3, 28:1; grades 4–6, 30:1; grades 7–8, 25:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 41 teaching staff; 10 nonteaching faculty; 14 teaching aides
- How engaged is the school with the community?: All students participate in service opportunities throughout the school each year. Spiritual Angels, a group within the Spiritual Life Committee of the parent-based Home & School Association, oversees many mission projects.
- What makes this community special?: "Cohesiveness among teachers, parents, students, faculty and staff. There is a strong sense of community and a dedication to service, as well as excellent academics."
- Grade levels: Pre-K through 8th grade
- Special education: No
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: Curriculum-based and cultural arts field trips; religious retreats; spelling bees
- Sports teams: Basketball, soccer, volleyball
- Uniforms: Yes