Chamblee Charter High School is among nine in Georgia to recently join the NFHS Network School Broadcast Program.
The new NFHS Network (National Federation of State High School Associations) along with the Georgia High School Association, announced the news Wednesday.
According to the release, schools that participate can "produce and stream TV-like sporting events and school activities for live and on demand viewing via an individualized school video portal" on NFHS Network.
The announcement also says the school program, which can be part of a broadcast class curriculum or after-school club, "provides students training and live production experience enabling schools to showcase many different types of sporting events and school activities like graduations, theater programs and news shows."
In all, there are 86 Georgia schools participating in the School Broadcast Program, the release said.
Besides Chamblee, the other Georgia schools to join the school broadcast program are:
- Adairsville High School, Adairsville
- Cass High School, Cartersville
- M.L. King High School, Lithonia
- North Forsyth High School, Cumming
- Lakeview Academy, Gainesville
- Griffin High School, Griffin
- Locust Grove High School, Locust Grove
- Atkinson County High School, Pearson