As the beginning of a new school year draws near, has its list of supplies for students from every grade level.
Here are a few of the items needed and what grades need them:
- Book bags without wheels (all grades)
- Headphones for computer use (1st-5th grades)
- Sketchbook (2nd-5th grades)
- Watercolor paints (kindergarten)
- Handwriting notebook (1st grade)
- 1 box of bandages (2nd grade)
- 2 marble composition notebooks (3rd grade)
- 6 spiral notebooks (4th grade)
- 6 pronged folders with pockets (1 each in red, blue, yellow, green, purple, orange) (5th grade)
- USB flash drive (Discovery students, all grades)
The school's full supply list for all grades is attached to this article for ease of shopping.
Remember that Georgia is having a sales tax holiday on August 10 and 11. Clothes and shoes priced at less than $100, computers and computer accessories totaling $1,000 and school supplies priced at less than $20 will all be exempt from sales tax on those days.