Property taxes for Chamblee will stay the same for now, as the Chamblee City Council voted last week to keep the property tax rate, or millage rate, at 7.4 percent.
At its work session, the council also reviewed several projects to improve city streets for both traffic and pedestrians. Some of the projects are:
- Peachtree Road – making the area around the MARTA station friendlier for pedestrians, including widening sidewalks and adding landscaping. Also, adding on-street parking.
- Chamblee Dunwoody Road – looking into making this area more walkable and improving traffic flow
- Peachtree Road parking improvements and medians
- Improving traffic flow around the new Chamblee Charter High School
- Improving the area from City Hall to Clairmont Road
Those items will now go before the council for a vote at its next meeting, which has been postponed until Tuesday, July 24. This week’s meeting was cancelled because the mayor and mayor pro tem were out of town, according to City Manager Niles Ford.