The Brookhaven Commission has finalized its list of recommended vendors to provide initial services to the new city.
The recommendations will be brought up before the Brookhaven City Council during its first meeting on Monday Dec. 10, at 8 pm.
The commission is recommending the following firms be awarded initial contracts for these city services:
- Severn Trent - finance and administration
- InterDev - information technology Services
- Jacobs - communications and community engagement, municipal court services
- Lowe - public works, and recreation and parks
- The Collaborative - community development
In its final report, the commission said that Severn Trent, InterDev, Jacobs, Lowe and The Collaborative provide the best overall value of municipal government services of the firms that provided applications.
A total of 14 companies submitted applications for Brookhaven's municipal services.
The commission also recommended that The Collaborative, Jacobs and another firm, Clark Patterson Lee, be awarded contracts after city services have been initialized. The commission recommended that Clark Patterson Lee be awarded a community development services contract.
Brookhaven Makes History On Monday Night.