From Officer Alex Cushenan, Chamblee Police C.O.P.S. Unit
- 1/26/13 Entering Auto. 1800 block of Chamblee Tucker Road. Victim’s purse was removed from her front seat after leaving the vehicle unlocked.
- 1/26/13 Theft by Receiving Stolen Property. 4400 block of Chamblee Dunwoody Road. Victim placed a message through his phone to his stolen Apple Laptop stating that it was stolen and how to return it. The victim received a call from a female who purchased the laptop over the internet and sent it back to the victim. The wireless store that placed the stolen laptop for sale stated that it was sold to them by another male. Please keep serial numbers to your electronic equipment. We use these serial numbers to track down stolen property.
- 1/26/13 Theft by Taking. 2100 block of Savoy Drive. Victim noticed that her brown Coach Wallet was missing from her purse. When she called to cancel her credit cards she was advised that several charges had been made without her knowledge.
- 1/26/13 Theft. 2100 block of Savoy Drive. Victim was inside of a restaurant using the wall outlet to charge his phone. A male approached the victim and his friends attempting to sell them marijuana. While the first male was distracting the victim, another male stole the victim’s cell phone. Then victim and his friends chased the suspect and cornered him until they were told he had a gun. At that point the victims allowed the suspect to flee. The primary suspect was described as a black male, dark complexion, approximately 6’1, stocky build, with no facial hair. The second suspect who distracted the victim was described as a black male, wearing bulky light colored camouflage jacket.
- 1/28/13. Entering Auto. 1800 block of Chamblee Tucker Road. IPOD, cell phone and $40 in cash left in the ashtray were stolen. The victim stated that he wasn’t sure if he locked his doors.
- 1/28/13. Theft. 3450 Miller Drive. Victim returned to her vehicle, which was parked overnight on a side street to find that the catalytic converter was stolen