Tonight the new Governor's Commission met for the first time. There were a lot of people at the meeting. One thing I noticed was the amount of pride that many people had in the room for our new city. Here are some highlights:
- The commission is not a decision making body. The primary responsibility of the commission is to make recommendations to the elected officials of Brookhaven.
- Bill Riley was appointed as Pro bono lawyer for the commission.
- http://brookhavencommission.com is the website for the commission.
- The Twitter account for the commission is @BrookhavenComm so follow that account for announcements.
- The Facebook page is facebook.com/BrookhavenCommission
- Subsequent meetings will be held weekly on Thursday nights at 8PM.
In general, I think everyone is very grateful that the members of the commission are volunteering their time for the good of the city.