Newly crowned Miss America Mallory Hytes Hagan will exchange her tiara and sash for a chef's hat and apron next Tuesday at the Chamblee Plaza IHOP.
Hagan will be at restaurant from 8-10 am to serve guests as a spokesperson for IHOP's National Pancake Day, which is Tuesday, Feb. 5. On that day. IHOP restaurants nationwide will offer each guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
Later Tuesday afternoon, Hagan will visit Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite.
IHOP is hoping to raise $3 million this year, for a total of over $13 million in eight years with its National Pancake Day fundraising effort.
FACTS FROM NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY 2012:
- Pancake lovers donated more than $3 million to children’s charities, far exceeding the 2012 fundraising goal.
- IHOP served nearly 4 million free pancakes on National Pancake Day 2012.
- All of the free pancakes served on National Pancake Day 2012 would have created a stack more than 16 miles high.
- Since the inception of National Pancake Day in 2006, IHOP has raised more than $10 million to support charities in the communities in which it operates.
- National Pancake Day 2012 was IHOP’s largest one-day event in the company’s 54-year history.