1. Arts in the Garden at Skyland Trail Come and connect with the talented individuals at Skyland Trail as they display their graphic and performing art talents, gardening skills, and more at this year's event honoring Mental Health Awareness month. Enjoy workshops, demonstrations, exhibits, an art sale, mental health education, and more.
Where: 1903 N Druid Hills Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319 When: May 6, 2011 from 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Contact: 678-686-5955, firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.skylandtrail.org Price: Free and open to all.
2. Seussical, Jr. Dr. Seuss stories come to life on the stage in this one-act muscial put on by the Marist School. Come and have a great time with the kids at this family-friendly show.
Where: , 3790 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319 When: May 5, 2011 / May 6, 2011 / May 7, 2011 at 7:30 p.m. Website: http://www.marist.com/theatre/20102011?rc=0 Contact: 770-457-7201
3. St. James Flea Market Spring cleaning sure shakes out those old clothes, books, knick knacks and thingamabobs you haven't used for years. Grab a booth at the St. James Flea Market youth fundraiser and turn those space takers into money makers! $20 for a parking space, $5 rent each for a table or clothing rack. Keep your profits!
Where: , 4400 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342 Date: May 7, 2011 from 9 a.m.–3 p.m. Website: http://www.stjamesatlanta.org/st-james-flea-market Contact: 404-261-3121 Info: Open to all.
4. Crescendo: Classical Hindustani Vocal, Instrumental, and Tabla solo concert and competition. If you happen to be a student/performer of North Indian classical music, you can bring your skills to Oglethorpe University and show off your melodic chops in the Crescendo competition. You might win a CD release! Don't play? Then let your ears bask in the relaxing, hypnotic North Indian musical stylings as you listen to the talented artists play and sing in this competition presented by the SwarGanga Music Foundation.
Where: , 4484 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319 (Venues below) Dates: see below for dates/prices.
Saturday, May 7
Semi-Finals, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Venue: Emerson Student Center, Talmage – Vocal, Grenwald – Tabla.
Venue: Conant Performing Arts Center, Rehearsal Room A/B - Instrumental.
Conant Performing Arts Center
Sunday, May 8
Finals, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Venue: Emerson Student Center, Talmage – Vocal, Grenwald – Tabla
Venue: Conant Performing Arts Center, Rehearsal Room A/B – Instrumental
Mega Finals, 4-7pm
Venue: Conant Performing Arts Center
Website: http://museum.oglethorpe.edu/programs.htm Contact: 404-364-8555 Info: Open to all.
5. The Choir from St. Martin-in-the-Fields of London, England to perform. The St. Martin-in-the-Fields Episcopal Church of Atlanta is getting visitors from London's Royal Parish Church, the choir of St. Martin-in-the-Fields of London! They're performing music from more than four centuries of traditional English choral scores, including Hubert Parry's "I was glad", Handel's "The King shall rejoice", and much more. Angelic voices await you at St. Martin-in-the Fields this Saturday!
Where: 3110 Ashford Dunwoody Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30319 (St. Martin in the Fields Episcopal Church) Date: May 7, 2011 at 5:30 p.m. Website: http://www.stmartins.org/events.html Contact: 404-261-4292 or 404.228.0777 , email@example.com.