1. Although the National Weather Service predicts rain and thunderstorms, the heat index is still expected to be in the 100s. Dress cool and stay indoors if you can. High near 97 is expected.
2. is still running its summer art camps. Today's session starts at 9 a.m. Visit the website for price and details.
3. is always a great place to be. Enjoy a fun shopping experience with live Mandolin music, by Brookhaven neighbor Clark Brown and a weekly hopscotch (unofficial) tournament. Time - 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
4. The Georgia Shakespeare Festival presents Noises Off by Michael Frayn is directed by Richard Garner and runs from July 28 - August 14. Appropriate for ages 14 and older. Check the schedule for times. Clandestine affairs, out-of-control egos, drunken frivolity... and that's just what is happening backstage!
5. Return to Brookhaven Patch at 6 p.m. for our video round-up of the day's top stories.
Bonus: The Atlanta Music Project, an 18-month old, tax-exempt, 501(c)3 organization based in Atlanta is launching its first city-wide Music Instrument Donation Drive. The instruments will assist in providing musical instruments for children involved in AMP’s intense 5-day-a-week program of classical, orchestral training at the Gilbert House, a cultural center located in Southwest Atlanta and operated by the City Of Atlanta Office Of Cultural Affairs. Donations will be accepted Monday – Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Visit for more information.