Williams Endorsed By Isakson, Local Mayors And Officials
Brookhaven's mayoral and city council runoffs will be held tomorrow, Tuesday, Dec. 4.
District 1 city council candidate Rebecca Chase Williams has been endorsed by U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson and several other high-profile local officials and lawmakers.
"I'm proud to have the support of these public servants who represent Brookhaven and our neighboring cities," Williams told Patch.
Williams faces Kevin Fitzpatrick in the runoff to be held on Tuesday, Dec. 4.
Besides Isakson, the list includes:
- Sandy Springs mayor Eva Galambos
- DeKalb Commissioner Elaine Boyer
- Dunwoody Mayor Mike Davis
- State Rep. Mike Jacobs
- State Rep. Tom Taylor
- State Sen. Fran Millar
- Former State Sen. Jim Tysinger
- Former DeKalb CEO Liane Levetan
- Eric Hovdesven, Murphey Candler Homeowners Association
- Wendy Butler, MARTA board member
- Doug Dykhuizen, former president of Citizens for North DeKalb, attorney for the Security and Exchange Commission
- Karen Whitehead, founder of Friends of Murphey Candler Park and the Murphey Candler Conservancy