Five Things to Know Today in Brookhaven - August 25
Your daily dose of what's happening in your neighborhood
1. Weather. The National Weather Service predicts a forecast of sunny, with a high near 94.
2. Meet the Author: Author Irene E. Celcer will discuss her upcoming book, 99 Tips for Parenting in a World of Food, Fat, Fear and Fun at the Brookhaven Library. She will share information about how to navigate relationships with food in the family so that children grow up psychologically and physically healthy. Time: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
3. Today is the Drive-Thru Farmer's Market in Old Five Points. Enjoy a fun shopping experience with live Mandolin music by Brookhaven neighbor Clark Brown and a weekly hopscotch (unofficial) tournament.
4. Greg McLean Jazz Trio plays at the Library Coffee Company today at 7:30 p.m. The composer/arranger/trumpet player is one of Atlanta's most versatile musicians. Though well versed in all styles, McLean prefers the expressive freedom of jazz. Head on over to the 'Library' at 7:30 p.m. to catch the show.
5. Gloria Smiley is at the Cook's Warehouse in Brookhaven once again to share more “pasta”-bilities when it comes to making your own pasta. Join her in the kitchen as you learn different techniques and tips for making great pasta. Various cuts and shapes will be highlighted as you prepare: Chive Pasta with Vodka Tomato Sauce; Ravioli with Lobster in Truffle Butter Sauce; Fettuccine with Sweet Peppers and Prosciutto, and Beet Pasta with Beets, Edamame and Greens. Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Cost: $70
Bonus: Return to Brookhaven Patch for today's top stories and news in your community.