Chamblee Police Present Georgia Teens Ride with P.R.I.D.E.
Also: armed robberies, aggravated assaults are reported within minutes of each other on Chamblee Dunwoody Road.
From Officer Alex Cushenan, Chamblee Police C.O.P.S. Unit:
Traffic crashes are the #1 Killer of teens. On average 200 Georgia teenagers lose their life in traffic crashes. Is your teenager's life worth two hours of your time?
Georgia Teens Ride With P.R.I.D.E. (Parents Reducing Injuries and Driver Error) is a FREE, National Award‐ Winning two‐hour course designed to help parents and their new (or soon to be) teen drivers, ages 15‐18, learn what they need to do during the 40 hours of supervised practice driving time required by Georgia law.
Rather than a technical hands‐ on driver training course, this program addresses driver attitude, knowledge and behavior of both the parent and new teen driver. Register today! Teens and Parents must register to attend.
Join us on Jan. 23 at 3540 Broad St (Chamblee Rec Center) at 6PM
Recent Crimes Reported
- 1/11/13 Theft of Automobile on Pearl Lane. The complainant came to the Police Department to notify us that his vehicle was stolen during a party the previous night. The complainant stated that he left his keys on the kitchen counter, started to drink “furiously” and when he awoke the next morning his vehicle was missing from the driveway. The complainant stated that he had located the vehicle at a local tow company and advised that the vehicle was involved in a hit and run while stolen.
- 1/12/13 Entering Auto, 2100 block of Savoy Drive, between 10 pm and 1 am. The rear passenger side window was shattered and a Laptop and IPOD missing.
- 1/12/13 Entering Auto 2100 block of Savoy Drive, between 10 pm and 1 am, the rear passenger side window was shattered and a brown Louis Vuitton purse, black and silver laptop, brown Coach purse, IPOD, Brown Gucci purse, and more were taken.
- 1/12/13 Burglary, Gentry’s Walk, between 6 pm and 11 pm. The victim returned home to find unknown subject entered his apartment and stole a Glock 21, two extra magazines full of ammo, a 24” Baton, a Knife, and two Apple I‐Max computers.
- 1/13/13 Armed Robbery, 3200 block of Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, 3 am. Victim stated that he was walking when approached from behind by an unknown male. The suspect stated give me all your money, the victim refused and the suspect stabbed the victim on the left side of his torso. The victim appeared to be intoxicated and was taken to the hospital.
- 1/13/13, Aggravated Assault, 3200 block of Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, 3:30 am. Officers responded to a person down and found the victim stabbed in the back multiple times. The victim only stated that he was drinking at an unknown location when stabbed.
- 1/14/13 Burglary, 3100 block Coral Way, 8:30 am. Officers arrived to find the rear patio door ajar and jewelry missing.
- 1/15/13 Auto Theft on Pearl Lane. The victim started his van to allow the engine to warm and went inside. Upon his return, the vehicle was gone.