Brookhaven's Finest: Dressed in Blues ... Or Blacks ... Or Grays?
Take our Patch poll and tell us what color the city's police uniforms should be.
For the past couple of days, Brookhaven has been interviewing candidates for its first-ever chief of police, who may be on the job as soon as May.
Now, we can only imagine how many important items are going to come across the new chief's desk as soon as he or she takes office:
- How much money do we have to hire police officers?
- What kind of salaries and benefits are we talking about?
- How many cars do we need?
- What brand of radios should we purchase?
- Where's our HQ going to be?
- What color should our uniforms be?
Oh, wait a sec, Patch has already taken care of that.
That's right. Patch would like to take at least one of these important decisions off the new chief's shoulders. We want to know from you: what color uniforms should Brookhaven's (soon-to-be) Finest wear?
Now, there's no guarantee the new chief will follow our advice. But considering the full plate he or she is going to inherit, we're hoping that any advice will be appreciated.