Brookhaven Holds Town Hall Meeting at Marist Tonight
Also: Updates from Mayor Davis on city hall, city manager search and police department
The new city of Brookhaven is holding its first town hall meeting on Thursday night at 7:30 pm at Marist School, 3790 Ashford Dunwoody Road.
The event is designed to introduce the new city's mayor, city council and department heads.
“This town hall will be a time for us to engage with our residents. We want this to be an open informational forum,” said Mayor J. Max Davis, “and we hope everyone will attend.”
In an email to constituents Wednesday afternoon, Davis also provided these updates:
A New City Hall
- "The future location for City Hall will be in Brookhaven and we are working hard to make sure it is centrally located on or near Peachtree Road. There will be plenty of public input on this issue in the coming months."
City Manager/Police Department
- "We should have our City Manager search wrapped up in February. This will let us start building our Police Department which should be up and running this summer."
- "We hope to complete the purchase of the 11 parks in Brookhaven this fall. We will get quite a bargain as state law provides we will only pay $100.00 an acre. We have 250+ acres of parks within our boundaries and we will be taking up the maintenance and improvement of those parks upon purchase."
- "We have adopted a code of ordinances for our city and are in the process now of updating and revising that code as we get input from residents and businesses within the city. We are also tightening up code sections that legal counsel advises are subject to constitutional or other procedural issues.
- "One of the more publicized ordinances, which dealt with sexually oriented businesses, was the first to be tightened up. Part of the reason this ordinance was addressed was to help protect our neighborhoods from the possibility of an adult oriented establishment opening its doors off of Ashford Dunwoody Road or Dresden Drive."